At Atelier Clotilde Ranno, we propose 23 different height-adjustable collars for our bespoke shirts.
We also offer 5 more collars, created especially for women bespoke shirts and shirt dresses (for example the Lady collar: very elegant and glamourous).
How to choose the collar of your bespoke shirt ?
- The height of your neck: the stand collar must be half-height of your neck.
- The shape of your face. With square features, a round collar, a collar with rounded points, a cutaway collar or a semi-cutaway collar will be adapted. On the contrary, if you have a round face, we recommend that you choose a collar with large points such as the Italian or the classic collar.
What are the trendiest collars ?
Currently, the cutaway collars and the semi-cutaway are trendy. The mini collar (even if I think it is not suiting anyone) is also in vogue. Of course, the Italian collar (my favorite !) is timeless and still very classy thanks to its divine proportions.
For the dandies, the English collar is making its comeback especially in the field of bespoke shirt. Its double locked highlights the knot of tie. For a Great Gatsby style, a classic collar with a pin of collar will be welcomed. You can also pair a wing collar with a beautiful smoking shirt for a fancy party.
And for a casual shirt, we recommend the button-down collar.
Which tie for which collar ?
- You prefer thin ties? Opt for a mini collar, an Italian collar or a classic collar (with round points or thin points).
- You are into thick ties and do double Windsor knots? In that case, a cutaway collar (very open Italian collar) or a semi-cutaway collar (semi open Italian collar) will be perfect.
Which collars should you choose to wear a bow tie?
With a bow tie, you can wear shirts with those types of collar:
- The wing collar or the ceremony collar: typical on smoking shirts or on wedding shirts.
- The round collar or Eton collar. Here’s below one of our round collar shirt worn with a bow tie by Thomas of Le Blog de Monsieur.
- The Italian collar: works as well.
What are the other options for a shirt collar ?
- You could choose a collar with or without bones or with removable bones.
- You can also change the colour of your collar, by adding for example an original pattern on the inside of the collar (and the wrists).
- It is also possible to modify the rigidity of the collar: very rigid, smooth, very smooth or without thermobonding.